Was the Moore Oklahoma murder an act of work place violence or does it follow a pattern linked to radical Islam? You decide.
This weblog entry documents the pattern of non-family beheadings, attempts at beheadings, or threats of them in the West in chronological order, with updates as needed. * with the permission of Daniel Pipes.com
- Hitoshi Igarashi, the Japanese translator of The Satanic Verses, who was beheaded at the University of Tsukuba in July 1991.
- Ariel Sellouk – Houston, August 2003: throat slit attempted but incomplete beheading.
- Sébastien Selam – Paris, November 2003: throat was slit twice; his face was mutilated with a carving fork and his eyes were gouged out by a Muslim neighbor who boasted “I killed my Jew, I’ll go to paradise.”
- Theo Van Gogh – Amsterdam, November 2004: shot, throat slit, and five-page paper pinned to his body.
- Hossam Armanious, Amal Garas, Sylvia Armanious, and Monica Armanious, – Jersey City, N.J., January 2005: necks, throats and bodies stabbed, mutilation of Coptic tattoo.
- Umar Lee, an American convert, challenged Michael Muhammad Knight to a wrestling match in January 2010; “my prefernce is to do this in yemen, somalia or pakistan where instead of fighting i could cut your neck with the sword of islam and watch you squeal like a bitch like daniel pearl. Instead i am staying legal not wanting to break the law and calling you out here in america where you can just get a good ole fashioned american ass whoopin.”
- Brendan Mess, Erik Weissman, and Raphael Teken – Waltham, Massachusetts, September 2011: throats slit, probably by Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the Boston Marathon bombers.
- Hany F. Tawadros and Amgad A. Konds – Jersey City, N.J., February 2013: shot, decapitated, hands severed.
- Lee Rigby – Woolwich, England, May 2013: run over by car, mutilated, beheaded.
- Ibragim Todashev, who, while being interviewed about the Waltham murders in May 2013, grabbed a knife and stabbed an officer several times, including in the head, possibly an attempt on his neck, prompting the officers to shoot him.
- Palmira Silva a grandmother who was beheaded by a convert to Islam while gardening in her garden in a suburb of London in September 2014.
- Colleen Hufford, beheaded while at work in an Oklahoma food company in September 2014, by a former colleague who had converted to Islam.